27 November 2014

A History Project in Development

There's been something bouncing around in my brain for the past several weeks and I want to get it out. I'm hoping that I can get some help developing this little seed of a thought. So, be prepared: I have my fingers crossed that you'll post a comment at the end of this post. 

There's a closet in our library that's full of boxes. Not boxes full of books or papers, as you might expect. Nothing exotic in the boxes like discarded film projectors or antique floppy disks. Each and every box is chock full of photographs, lots and lots of photographs. And some negatives (kids ask your parents what negatives are). And even a few VHS tapes. What I have in the closet is years full of photographic history of our school. I'm not sure what time period is covered, but I'd guess several years in the 90s. 

Our school opened for the 1990-1991 school year, so next year will be its 25th birthday. Back then it was called Fourth Street Elementary School. A lot has happened in 25 years, including a name change. To celebrate, I'd like to do a history project about Stroud Elementary School. The photographs are a start; I definitely want to digitize those, but I don't want to stop there. I'd love to interview Stroud alumni, former teachers, and people in the community. But here's my question for you: what else? How else can I make this an awesome project? 

Ok, go!

2 comments:

  1. I have some old performances and assemblies on vhs to add to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's awesome! I hope there's a lot of stuff out there that we could use.

      Delete